Heartland Credit Union is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Our headquarters is located in Inver Grove Heights, MN with branches in New Prague and inside the corporate headquarters of CHS, Inc. and Land O’Lakes in Minnesota.
Heartland offers a comprehensive benefits package with medical, dental, vision, paid time off (PTO) and 401K with match. Our general hours of operation are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. – Noon at our Inver Grove Heights and New Prague branches.
Join the Heartland team as a Branch Manager. Supervises the overall operation of the Branch Office(s) in accordance with policies and procedures in a manner which ensures meeting members needs. Responsible for serving as a Member Service Representative or Financial Service Officer when needed. Responsible for accepting and processing membership and loan applications at the Branch Office. Develop new business for the credit union and manage the credit union’s community/SEG involvement. Cultivate new, and maintain existing, relationships for all facets of corporate sponsorship, individual members, SEGs/Communities etc. Collaborate with Senior Management to ensure alignment with corporate strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Exhibits member service focus
- Treat member service as a priority
- Is flexible and accommodating to meet member need
- Listens carefully to ensure understanding of the member’s desires and/or requirements
- Demonstrates knowledge of all Credit Union services and promotes the benefits of other Credit Union services to the member when appropriate
2. Practices and promotes teamwork
- Promotes harmony and maintains a positive, helpful attitude in working with individuals within and outside of the workgroup
- Does not gossip about co-workers or others
- Effectively manages anger, emotion and frustration
3. Maintains confidentiality
- Understands the necessity for maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive oral, paper based and electronic information and restricts the flow of such information to those who have a legitimate “need to know”.
- Conducts discussions of confidential information in appropriate settings to avoid unintentional disclosure.
4. Is a Credit Union Advocate
- To effectively build relationships with members, employees must use and understand our products which include, but are not limited to checking accounts, check cards, home banking, internet bill pay, line of credit loans, Cutele, direct deposit, etc.
- Keeping up to date with current promotions, marketing efforts
- Stay current with all branches by executing, reading and responding to email on a timely basis.
5. Business Relations
- Build, maintain and enhance SEG/Community communications and relationships.
- Coordinate events and partnerships with SEG groups/Community to increase credit union awareness and membership.
- Identify and solicit individuals and businesses with the potential for membership.
- Create and give presentations and perform public speaking to promote the credit union.
- Attend and support civic, chamber and business networking opportunities to establish relationships for Heartland.
- Work to gain exposure in community publications, trade publications, business journals, media outlets and more.
- Develop contact list of potential new SEGs in the credit union’s field of membership.
6. Manages the activities of the Branch Office(s) by providing direction to staff, monitoring operations, and maintaining liaison between the branch office(s) and the Main Office to ensure a continued understanding and compliance with Credit Union policies, practices and procedures. Schedules working assignments of all office personnel to ensure adequate staffing at all times of operation.
7. Assesses office organization and efficiency to provide ideas and suggestions for improvement to senior management.
8. Monitors and controls branch office security. Maintains contacts with law enforcement resources within the community.
9. Performs a monthly cash and teller audit of all funds and negotiable items on hand.
10. Performs member service, teller, personal and real estate loan duties and responsibilities as necessary to ensure the best level of member service possible.
11. Abides by Credit Union lending policies and procedures.
- Approves or denies loans within lending limits.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment when analyzing information, consistently documents lending decisions and maintaining a satisfactory percentage of delinquency on their lending portfolio.
12. Is knowledgeable about federal regulations governing all member service areas.
13. Performs other responsibilities as apparent or as assigned.
14. Demonstrates an understanding of the Credit Union history, philosophy, organization, bylaws and operating procedures.
15. Ability to perform assigned responsibilities under little or no supervision, consistent with established procedures and in a manner, which maintains a favorable image of the Credit Union.
16. Ability to manage, schedule and evaluate assigned branch personnel in a manner that consistently results in the expected levels of quality and of timely service to members.
17. Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationship with Credit Union management in contributing to a productive, results orientated climate. Communicate with management on a regular basis
18. Participates in and helps promote Credit Union training including attending staff meetings.
- Attend seminars and workshops where applicable.
- Complete six CUES online modules annually.
19. Participates in decision related to the selection, promotion, transfer, salaries and discipline of assigned personnel.
20. Orients employees to organizational policies and procedures, clearly communicates work duties and responsibilities so individuals may proceed with certainty in the performance of their jobs.
21. Personally conducts or oversees training of new employees to ensure established procedures are clearly understood and followed. Continually monitors results being achieved in assigned areas.
22. Creates a working climate in which assigned personnel are motivated to develop their skills and abilities and demonstrates by personal example the desired standards of conduct and work performance. Conducts effective performance appraisals and takes corrective action whenever necessary.
23. Administers organizational policies in a fair and equitable manner with regard to discipline, tardiness, absenteeism or insubordination and fully documents all incidents and actions taken.
24. Handle member disputes when needed and processes claims caused by fraud, theft or carelessness on the part of the member.
25. Remain informed on marketing objectives and assure the office is reflecting the current campaigns, i.e. Decorations, appropriate handouts, brochures and signage.
26. Make suggestions for changes and modifications to space and/or equipment for the office and prepare cost proposals.
27. Have knowledge of and able to perform all the duties of a Member Representative and Financial Service Officer.
College degree in a related field and two years financial experience or, five years financial institution experience with a minimum of two years in a supervisory position.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of overall financial institution operation
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and prior sales experience are a plus
- Skilled in using a calculator, typing, and working knowledge of computers and software, including Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
Heartland Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Vision – Job requires a sighted person who must have the ability to read, interpret, and verify numerical and written details for accuracy.
- Speech/Hearing – Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff, members, and service providers.
- Manual Dexterity – This job requires the ability to operate complicated office equipment.
- Physical Mobility – Significant mobility is required; the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time is essential.The ability to lift 30 lbs. is required.
Full Time Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K plan with match up to 4%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Up to 7 paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
Hours: Hours vary but could include:
M-Fr 7:45 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
Rotating Saturdays 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (up to 2 Saturdays per month)
Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN (travel to other branches in Arden Hills, Shoreview and New Prague may be required.
In conjunction with your application for employment, Heartland Credit Union will obtain an employment credit report from Equifax; file for bondability with CUMIS and perform a criminal background check through the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension’s website. Heartland Credit Union is an EEO/AAP Employer.