Privilege Pay Selection Form
As a service to you your Heartland checking account currently has a convenient feature called Privilege Pay (an Overdraft Program) that allows us to approve transactions even if you don’t have the funds available in your account to cover them.
According to new Federal Regulations we can no longer provide this coverage automatically for point-of-sale debit card transactions. You must tell us if you want it by “opting-in” to the program. You must “opt-in” if you would like to continue this service.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- Privilege Pay Program: At Heartland Credit Union we have a Privilege Pay Program that comes with your account.
- Overdraft Protection: We also offer Overdraft Protection, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our Privilege Pay Program. To learn more please contact us.
This notice explains our Privilege Pay Program.
What are the Privilege Pay Practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks drawn from your Heartland account
- ACH (Automated Clearing House) transactions
- Automatic bill payments
- Recurring payments from your debit card, such as gym membership fees
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following type of transaction, unless you opt in (see selection form below)
- Everyday debit card transactions, such as merchant purchases (grocery stores, gas stations, discount stores etc.)
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Heartland pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $30 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Heartland to authorize and pay overdrafts on my everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on everyday debit card transactions you can submit the form below.