Update March 19, 2020
For over 80 years, we’ve been dedicated to being here for our members and that is more important than ever, in these uncertain times. We continue to closely monitor recommendations from our state, government and the CDC and make adjustments, day-to-day, as needed.
Below is an update on what we’re doing:
- Suspending lobbies effective Friday, March 20th at 5 p.m. Please use our drive-thrus to conduct your business. If you need access to your safe deposit box, want to open a new account or need to speak with a lender let us know at the drive-thru or call us when you arrive (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185.
- Offering members, who have been financially affected by COVID-19, options for temporarily lowered payments for their loan and credit card accounts or the option to skip payments. Contact our Loan Department for more information at (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185 or firstname.lastname@example.org Or, call our credit card partner at (800) 654-7728 to request a skip.
- Increased the amount you can deposit, per check and per month, via the Heartland Mobile Deposit feature in mobile banking.
- Allow you to withdraw money from your Certificate of Deposit, penalty free.
- First payments will not be due on New Auto and Signature loans for 90 days from when the loan is opened.
- On-site staff is rotating in shifts, week-to-week and a core group of employees have started working remotely to ensure we can continue to answer your calls and address your concerns.
We also want to remind you that your money is safe and insured, up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), and an additional $250,000 via Excess Share Insurance, a private insurance we provide to our members at no cost.
While you may feel that you should withdraw money from your accounts, please be assured the money is safe, secure and insured while it’s in your account at the credit union.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed.
We ask that you remain patient as we navigate this new environment and be assured that we are doing everything we can to help you.
March 13, 2020
In response to the recent developments, we have implemented additional precautionary measures and would like to share those with you.
- All branches have been supplied additional cleaning supplies to sanitize their desks/stations.
- Key departments of the organization are equipped to work remotely, if necessary, to ensure we can continue to serve our members.
- Employees and members are encouraged to stay home if they are showing symptoms of sickness or illness.
In addition, we want to remind you of the services available to you to conduct your credit union business electronically if you are unable to or prefer not to come into a branch:
- Monitor your accounts, transfer funds and make loan/credit card payments with the Heartland Mobile Banking App, Card Manager App or Online Banking
- Pay bills through Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Deposit checks remotely through Mobile Banking
- Complete and sign online forms to update accounts, change your address, set up automatic payments, apply for loans, file a credit card dispute and more.
- Contact us via phone at (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185 for any assistance you need regarding your account, from transferring funds to checking balances.