Stimulus Payment Resource and Warning About Recent Scam- April 13, 2020
The IRS website is posting regular updates on the stimulus payments and is a great resource if you have questions.
We are expecting to see deposits become available to member accounts this Wednesday, April 15th. It’s possible that you may see the amount marked as “pending” in your online banking before Wednesday, as the payments are processed in the background.
Please also be aware of the rise in scams as these payments begin to be deposited. Recently, one of our members was sent a message requesting that he send eBay gift cards in return for cash back in larger sums. It appeared legitimate to the member because the scammer used a friend of his as a contact and stated that the friend had already received money back. Unfortunately, this scam has now cost the member $1,500. Please be cautious and never send money to someone who requests that you purchase gift cards, or other items, in exchange for cash back. This is a popular scam and could cost you thousands.
Message from the President – April 9, 2020
Update March 19, 2020
For over 80 years, we’ve been dedicated to being here for our members and that is more important than ever, in these uncertain times. We continue to closely monitor recommendations from our state, government and the CDC and make adjustments, day-to-day, as needed.
Below is an update on what we’re doing:
- Suspending lobbies effective Friday, March 20th at 5 p.m. Please use our drive-thrus to conduct your business. If you need access to your safe deposit box, want to open a new account or need to speak with a lender let us know at the drive-thru or call us when you arrive (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185.
- Offering members, who have been financially affected by COVID-19, options for temporarily lowered payments for their loan and credit card accounts or the option to skip payments. Contact our Loan Department for more information at (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185 or firstname.lastname@example.org Or, call our credit card partner at (800) 654-7728 to request a skip.
- Increased the amount you can deposit, per check and per month to $10,000 (previously $5,000) via the Heartland Mobile Deposit feature in mobile banking.
- Allow you to withdraw money from your Certificate of Deposit, penalty free.
- First payments will not be due on New Auto and Signature loans for 90 days from when the loan is opened.
- On-site staff is rotating in shifts, week-to-week and a core group of employees have started working remotely to ensure we can continue to answer your calls and address your concerns.
We also want to remind you that your money is safe and insured, up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), and an additional $250,000 via Excess Share Insurance, a private insurance we provide to our members at no cost.
While you may feel that you should withdraw money from your accounts, please be assured the money is safe, secure and insured while it’s in your account at the credit union.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as needed.
We ask that you remain patient as we navigate this new environment and be assured that we are doing everything we can to help you.
March 13, 2020
In response to the recent developments, we have implemented additional precautionary measures and would like to share those with you.
- All branches have been supplied additional cleaning supplies to sanitize their desks/stations.
- Key departments of the organization are equipped to work remotely, if necessary, to ensure we can continue to serve our members.
- Employees and members are encouraged to stay home if they are showing symptoms of sickness or illness.
In addition, we want to remind you of the services available to you to conduct your credit union business electronically if you are unable to or prefer not to come into a branch:
- Monitor your accounts, transfer funds and make loan/credit card payments with the Heartland Mobile Banking App, Card Manager App or Online Banking
- Pay bills through Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Deposit checks remotely through Mobile Banking
- Complete and sign online forms to update accounts, change your address, set up automatic payments, apply for loans, file a credit card dispute and more.
- Contact us via phone at (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185 for any assistance you need regarding your account, from transferring funds to checking balances.