Card Manager FAQ
Card Manager FAQ
Click a question category below to display the answers to frequently asked questions.
Heartland Card Manager allows you to monitor and control your Heartland Debit and Credit Cards. This app allows you to:
- Monitor your credit and debit card transactions with text alerts. Get a text for all transactions or pick specific types of transactions you want to receive an alert for.
- Stop the types of transactions you choose from being approved, such as online purchases, international purchases and more with the Control Feature.
- Turn your card off/on in seconds.
- Set travel notifications to prevent your card from being declined while you’re traveling.
- View recent and pending transactions
- Make a payment to your credit card
Heartland Card Manager is free. However, there may be charges associated with data usage on your mobile device which you are responsible for. Check with your wireless device carrier for more information.
You can call us at (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185 during regular business hours. Or, you can enter the wrong password three times and the account will be locked. Keep in mind, once you lock your app you will not be able to access it on any device.
A data plan is highly recommended, as data usage can become expensive without them. If you do not have a data plan, please check with your wireless carrier for more information regarding these services. Please note that you are responsible for any charges incurred from your wireless provider.
No. You do not need to be an Online Banking or Mobile Banking user to take advantage of the Card Manager App. However, we highly recommend you have Online Banking to view more detailed information on your accounts, such as your statements. Plus, if the Card Manager App is down you’ll still have access to Online Banking to monitor your accounts.
For supported iPhone, iPad and Android devices download the free Heartland Card Manager app from the App Store or the Play Store.
Yes. It’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Yes. You can log into your Card Manager App from another Android, iPhone or iPad if the app is downloaded to that device.
90 days of credit card transactions. 30 days of debit card transactions.
For supported iPhone, iPad and Android devices download the free Heartland Card Manager app from the App Store or Play Store. Once the app is downloaded launch the app, select Enroll and complete the information. Make sure to have the debit and credit card available you would like to monitor.
6-16 characters with no special characters (ex. ! # &) and cannot be your first or last name.
Password must be 8 characters. It must include a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and a special character.
In the top right corner of the card image on the app select the “Card Settings” arrow icon.
Then, select “Remove Card.”
The system only allows one image to appear for the debit cards. Based on back-end programming this is the default image.
1. Launch the Card Manager app
2. Click on the Forgot Username or Forgot Password on the log in screen
3. Enter the information requested
You may see the same charge listed a couple times because the app will show “pre-authorizations” which remain a day or two after the item has posted. They will disappear and you can disregard them. You can always call us if you have questions or concerns about your transactions.
If you get a new mobile device, simply download the Card Manager app and log in.
Select the menu icon at the top, then select Logout.
If you forget your username or password and at first login.
Yes. When you log into the app, click on the “Menu” lines at the top and select the pencil and square icon next to your log in name and then “My Security Questions.”
Contact the credit union at (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185.
1. Log into the app
2. Select the menu icon on the top of the screen (three lines)
3. Click on pencil and square edit icon at the top
4. Turn on the “Biometric Login” by tapping the slide button so it’s green.
5. Log out of the app, then open the app
6. Click the “Login using Biometrics” that should now appear. If it doesn’t not, log in one more time and log out.
Here are some tips and general good practices for accessing your accounts on a mobile device:
• Never share your password or username with ANYONE.
• Download and apply security updates and patches to your mobile browser when they are made available by your wireless provider. These are designed to provide you with protection from known possible security problems.
• To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources
• Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources
• Limit unauthorized access to your mobile device. Do not leave your mobile device unattended during an open Card Manager session
• Never save your username or password together in memos, or anywhere on your device
• Always remember to log off properly using the “Logout” link when you have completed your Mobile Banking activities
An alert notifies you of transactions on your account. A control determines if the transaction will be denied or approved.
Alert Example: If you enable (turn on) an alert for Restaurant Merchant Types you will receive a text if your credit/debit card is used at a Restaurant.
Control Example: If you enable Merchant Controls and do not keep the Restaurant category turned on, your card will be denied at restaurants.
Select the menu icon (three lines) at the top of the screen and select Notification Settings.
Instantly. If you mistakenly set a control and was denied, you can log into the app and change the setting and use your card again to be approved.
If you share a Checking account with someone, such as a family member or significant other, and you each have a debit card tied to that account you would need to enroll both cards in the Card Manager app to see the transactions performed on each card.
When you click on “Notification Settings” to set up Alerts and Controls, make sure the last four digits are showing at the top of your screen for the card you want to set up the Alerts and Controls on. If not, simply Select the forward or back arrows to flip through your enrolled cards.
The same default Heartland account that is set up in online banking. You can verify the account when you select “Make a Payment.” The screen will show a payment source and you’ll see the last four digits of the account number.
No. Only one payment can be made per day. Only the most recent payment made will process.
Two to three business days, which is the same as making a payment via Online Banking.
NOTE: If you want the funds withdrawn immediately from your Heartland account, make the payment via the Heartland Mobile Banking app.
If you make the payment before 5 p.m. CT it will be posted to the account the same day. The actual payment will be taken from the account in 2-3 days.