Credit Life and Disability
There’s no way to predict an injury, illness or your unexpected life event, but you can take steps along the way to protect your family if the unforeseen happens. Credit Disability and Credit Life Insurance does just that.
- The cost conscious monthly premium can be added to your loan payment; you won’t receive extra bills or statements.
- Available on a variety of Heartland loans (excluding mortgages and Visa cards)
- Follow a few steps to apply while signing your loan paperwork.
- Helps reduce or pay off your covered loan, up to the policy maximum, in the event of an unexpected life event. A covered life event will include not only death, but also the certified diagnosis of a terminal illness and accidental dismemberment.
- In the event you are totally disabled due to a covered injury or illness, your monthly loan payment may be made, up to the policy maximum. There is a 14-day waiting period before being eligible for benefits.
- Cancellation of coverage at any time – within the first 30 days you’ll receive a full refund if premium has been paid.
Calculate the cost of Credit Life and Disability Insurance. Or call a Heartland Loan Officer or Financial Service Officer at (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185 to learn more.
Your purchase of MEMBER’S CHOICE® Credit Life and Credit Disability Insurance, underwritten by CMFG Life Insurance Company is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative, or refer to the Group Policy for a full explanation of the terms. CDCL-1273993.1-0815-0917