Certificates of Deposit
Take your savings to the next level with a Certificate of Deposit. This type of savings account is great if you’re looking to earn a guaranteed rate without risk. Certificates are available in terms from six months to five years and your rate is fixed for the term of the certificate. The minimum opening deposit is $1,000 or $100 for a Youth Certificate. Early withdrawal penalties apply. Certificates are also available in IRAs.
Option to Increase Your Rate
If rates go up during your term we’ll let you increase your rate one time by adding $1,000 to your certificate or $100 to youth certificates with the Marketwatcher option. Your maturity date will remain the same and you will earn the higher rate for the remaining certificate term.
- Premium quarterly dividends (interest) – paid to the account, directly to you or to another account – you choose
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Option to increase your rate once during the term
- A variety of terms – from six months to five years
- Insured by NCUA to $250,000 and an additional $250,000 through the Excess Share Insurance Corp (ESI).
*Early withdrawal penalties do apply. Refer to your Certificate of Deposit disclosure for details.