Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
Save for the future and enjoy immediate and future tax saving benefits. At Heartland we offer Traditional, Roth and Coverdell Education Savings Account IRAs – available as Certificates of Deposit and savings accounts.
The benefit of a Traditional IRA is that contributions can be tax-deductible in the year you make the contribution. Meaning, if you make a $3,000 contribution you can reduce your taxable income by $3,000 – for those in a higher tax bracket this could be a great savings. Contributions won’t be taxed until you withdraw them in the future. Open a Traditional IRA Savings with $50 or a Traditional IRA Certificate with $1,000.
With a Roth IRA there is no tax deduction for your contributions. Open a Roth IRA Savings with $50 or a Roth IRA Certificate with $1,000.
A Coverdell Education Savings Account is a tax-favored IRA account that allows you to save up to $2,000 per year per child for a variety of education expenses. Your contributions grow tax-deferred and may be withdrawn tax-free for qualified education expenses. Open a Coverdell Education IRA Savings with $50 or a Coverdell Education Certificate with $100.
- Premium dividends (interest) – paid monthly for savings accounts and quarterly for certificates
- No monthly maintenance fees
- Option to increase your rate once during the term for certificates when you add $1,000 or $100 for Coverdell Education Certificates+
- A variety of certificate terms – from six months to five years
- Insured separately by NCUA to $250,000 and an additional $250,000 through the Excess Share Insurance Corp (ESI).
Open an IRA Today
Call: (651) 451-5160 or (800) 813-9185
Visit: Visit a Heartland Branch
*Early withdrawal penalties do apply. Refer to your Certificate of Deposit disclosure for details.
+Restrictions apply. Speak to a representative for details.